Job Title: Network Administrator
Department: Information Technology
Reports to: Director of IT Infrastructure
- 1-2 years of hands-on experience of Cisco switch products, including knowledge in some of the following series/models – Catalyst 4700, 9200, 9300, C1000 series, Meraki switches (MS or MX).
- 1-2 years of enterprise experience with Cisco or Meraki solutions with a working knowledge of access points, antennas, mobility controllers/LAN controllers, wireless IP telephony concepts
- Experience deploying and configuring Certificate based WI-FI concepts is highly preferred.
- 1-2 years hands of experience with Cisco or Fortinet Firewalls and advanced features (SDWAN, IDS/IPS, internet filtering)
- 1-2 years working with Azure network, troubleshooting, design, and configuration.
- Working knowledge of layer two and layer three concepts (CDP, LLDP, STP, VLANs, routing protocols, QoS, BGP.)
- 1-2 years' experience with VPN, supporting users, enhancing configuration and security.
- 1-2 years' experience with wireless diagnostic tools. Diagnose wireless issues, optimize Wi-Fi networks such as Ekahau and set actions to remediate.
- Strong understanding and experience with monitoring tools such as SolarWinds
- Understanding networking tools such as Wireshark, TACACS, Putty and network toners and probes.
- Solid understanding of LAN cabling standards, copper, and fiber.
- 1- 2 years of hands-on experience with next-generation security concepts (firewalls, endpoint protection).
- 1- 2 years of hands-on experience with voice-over IP and video conferencing in an enterprise network.
- MUST participate in On-Call rotation. Perform work after hours as required to support the business and users.
- Effectively communicate with other team members and management.
- Consistently provide superior customer service.
- Able to work nights and weekends as needed.
- Able to manage multiple projects at once.
An associate degree is required from a certified college or university and 1-2 years of varying environmental experiences centered around network administration.
The network administrator will work closely with the Director of Infrastructure and the Network Engineer concentrating on the network's health, implementing new technology, and troubleshooting LAN/WAN and connectivity problems. Works alongside senior members to provide logistical support, respond to queries, document changes, and assist with testing, assessment, diagnosis, and resolution of network service outages and incidents. Under the direct supervision of the Director of Infrastructure, the Network Administrator maintains network platforms and configures devices, enables services, or responds to end-user requests for network status information.
- Demonstrate a powerful sense of internal customer service and a strong work ethic to positively contribute to the company's mission and vision.
- Sound written and verbal communication skills; must be able to communicate proficiently to a non-technical audience.
- Troubleshoot and maintain all aspects of the organization LAN/WAN. Including but not limited to Firewalls, DMZ, WAN, LAN, VPN communications, firmware upgrades, hardware replacement/hardware procurement, network hardware/software maintenance, VOIP/PBX systems, cloud switching, and all other virtual switching environments
- Provide network analysis, security and troubleshooting for WAN, LAN, DMZ, and DNS.
- Assist with the procurement and inventory of equipment and software.
- Escalate activities during systems outages with thorough follow-up and summary until issues are resolved. Participate in post-mortem analysis of issues for future process improvement. Provide continual communication to management of trouble resolution steps and issue resolution progress.
- Day-to-day operational tasks include proactive maintenance, management, monitoring performance, incident and problem management, security, and backup and recovery across the network infrastructure.
- Maintain and uphold network security and PCI compliance requirements related to the organizational network.
- Other duties may include special projects, supporting all project phases from planning and analysis to implementation, and ongoing maintenance.
- Ability to travel as needed to support external locations (CA, EU). Needs a valid passport.
- Adhere to all company policies.