Yakima Chief Hops
555 W South Hill Rd
Job Title: Mechanic Department: Extract
Classification: Non-Exempt / Hourly Reports to: Director of Extraction
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent, preferred but not required.
- Possess skills in electrical, PLC, welding, mechanical and refrigeration.
- Must be strongly detail oriented and be able to easily multi-task.
- Should be able to independently initiate, prioritize, and perform or solve work problems and ultimately achieve work objectives and meet deadlines.
- Strong organizational, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to effectively communicate in written and verbal form with co-workers, supervisor, and management.
- Written skills are necessary to properly fill out paperwork.
- Must be able to work independently and as a team member.
- Follow written (Standards Operating Procedures- SOP’s, company memos & emails) and verbal Instructions.
- Minimum of six months related experience with demonstrated aptitude to learn on-the-job.
- Possess a strong work ethic to positively contribute to the company’s mission, vision, values and environmental policy and quality policy.
- Must have a positive attitude, support co-workers to obtain desired objectives, and assist others in their contributions.
- Ability to sit/stand/walk for extended periods of time and access stairs and ladders.
- Ability to bend, stoop, squat occasionally to frequently.
- Ability to wear appropriate personal protective equipment (in required areas) for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift (up to 50 lbs), carry (up to 44 lbs) occasionally to frequently within normal limits.
- Ability to adapt to changing paces and processes quickly.
- Must be able to learn ERP systems and perform data entry & print reports.
- Attentive to the task and own surroundings.
- Preferably able to speak Spanish.
The purpose of this position is to maintain and repair all equipment and facilities.
- Extract Operations Facilities which includes but is not limited to the following equipment:
- Pellet Mill, CPM
- Pellet Cooler
- Blowers, Cyclones, Baghouses
- Conveyors System (Screw, Paddle, Bucket, Vibratory Feeder, etc.)
- Pump System: Vacuum, Uraca, CAT, Blackmer, etc.
- Pneumatic Systems (Air Compressor / Air Dryer)
- Wastewater System (Pond SVID, sampling and testing, etc.)
- Combustion System (Boiler, DA Tank, Waste Chemistry Test, Condensate Return, Hot Water System, Heat exchangers, Water Softener, etc.)
- Industrial Refrigeration System (Compressor, Evaporative Condenser Tower, Glycol unit & control systems, etc.)
- Hydraulics System (hydraulic rams, hydraulic solenoids, hydraulics on forklifts, etc.)
- Electrical Systems (three-phase and single-phase voltages, solenoids, etc.)
- Packaging Equipment (Checkweigher, Seamer, fill head etc.)
- CIP Skid System: Chemical use (Acid / Base)
- CO2 Recovery System (Refrigeration system / Adsorber)
- Other: MSA CO2 detection device, chain hoist, flow meters, etc.
- Provide technical direction and guidance to plant employees.
- Maintain flexible maintenance work schedule, including OT on weekdays and/or weekends and Holidays.
- Organize preventive maintenance list.
- Replace parts that are beyond repair.
- Ensure spare parts inventories are stocked. It may entail going into town for picking and/or ordering these parts.
- Keep tools organized and put away when not working on a job.
- Ensure all safety guards are on the machines and in working order.
- Meet with department supervisor or other team members to assess progress and discuss needed changes.
- Follow safety requirements.
- Ensure that company safety policies as well as federal, state, and local safety and environmental regulations are observed.
- May actively participate on company’s Safety Committee.
- Continuously look for ways to improve process efficiency and notify immediate supervisor of observations and recommendations.
- Maintain sanitary and safe work environment and follow safety requirements.
- Must adhere to all company policies.
- Must have a complete understanding of company’s policies, SOP’s, QP’s, EP’s, HACCP and cGMP that pertain to their departments to ensure quality, safety, efficiency, and sustainability.
- Examine documents, materials, and products and monitor work processes to assess completeness, accuracy and conformance to standards and specifications.
- Follow all SOP’s in a given area.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by Manager and/ or designee,
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.