Facilities Maintenance Mechanic Featured
Yakima Chief Hops
306 Division St
Job Title: Facilities Maintenance Mechanic Department: Plants & Facilities
Classification: Non-Exempt / Hourly Reports to: Director of Facilities & Regulatory Compliance
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent (required).
- A graduate of trade school training in related field is preferred.
- Minimum of two-years’ experience as an industrial mechanic is required.
- Required: Ability to troubleshoot and work on different systems such as Mechanical, Pneumatic, Hydraulic, Fabrication/Welding, Electrical, and including the use of instrumentation devices, and system calibration.
- Preferred: Ability to troubleshoot Refrigeration and PLC system.
- Must be a self-starter dedicated to continuous quality improvement.
- Ability to multi-task and strongly detail oriented.
- Ability to adapt to changes paces.
- Team player but can show the ability to work independently with positive attitude, obvious enthusiasm, initiative, and pride in work.
- Proficient in written and verbal communication skills including use of email.
- Able to respond to unplanned breakdowns with a sense of urgency including but not limited to nights, weekends, holidays, and extended daily hours.
- Keep an open mind and remain teachable/coachable in any scenario.
- Basic understanding of Microsoft Office software such as Word, Excel, etc.
- Proven written skills to accurately document and complete required paperwork.
- Able to maintain clean driving record due to inter-site equipment and must pass random drug testing.
- Stand/stoop for extended periods of time and lift 50lbs regularly.
- Comfortable with heights in lifts and ladders.
Conducts troubleshooting, repairs, preventative maintenance service in a safe, reliable and efficient manner in full compliance with all applicable laws, regulations, SOPs, policies and procedure.
- Responsible for maintenance of all Facilities related equipment for both SS and YK facilities including general maintenance for the office and grounds.
- Maintenance work will include interaction with different departments throughout SS and YK.
- Maintenance work may require machine setup.
- Troubleshoot breakdowns and equipment problems on various areas. Repair equipment. If repairs cannot be made in-house, develop plan to contract service or consult with management.
- Use of eMaint Software or other applicable software to the department. eMaint software training will be provided.
- Perform preventive maintenance on all facility equipment.
- Organize preventive maintenance list.
- When ready, create the appropriate Purchase Order and turn in PO to your Manager and/or Accounts Payable.
- Ensure spare parts inventories or tools are stocked. It may entail going into town for picking and/or ordering these parts.
- May include assisting Facilities Maintenance Lead, Refrigeration Mechanic or production personnel with maintenance projects, maintenance work orders, and emergency maintenance call.
- Prioritizing maintenance assigned work order / P.M. tasks according to need, severity of the issue, parts availability, etc.
- Being able to respond to emergency including off-hours and off-site.
- May work together with Vendors and/or outside Contractors.
- Keep tools organized and put away when not working on a job.
- Be able to operate forklift, man lifts, snorkel lifts, and other related machinery.
- Responsible for maintaining, coordinating, and properly disposing of recycled products such as waste oil, florescent light bulbs, used batteries, etc. through Veolia.
- Housekeeping: Keep working areas clean and organized.
- Coordinate with your Manager and/or with the Facilities Mechanic Lead for any maintenance task.
- Notify your supervisor if you identify or recommend ways to improve process efficiency or safety related issues.
- Maintain sanitary and safe work environment.
- After completing a job, you will be required to cleanup your workspace. Cleanliness must extend when using company vehicles (interior and exterior).
- You will be responsible for the company vehicle maintenance according to manufacturer’s recommendation.
- On a daily basis, tools must be put away even if the job or project is not completed.
- Company vehicles must be parked inside company property.
- Please respectful and cordial with fellow employees.
- Practiced in safe work habits including LO/TO, Hot Work, Confined Space, and other company Safety Policy and Procedures.
- Ensure that company safety policies as well as federal, state, and local safety and environmental regulations are observed.
- May actively participate on company’s Safety Committee.
- May be required to develop and write SOPs.
- Must have a complete understanding of company’s policies, PPE, SOPs, QPs, EPs, HACCP and cGMP that pertain to their department to ensure quality, safety, efficiency and sustainability.
- Examine documents, materials, and products and monitor work processes to assess completeness, accuracy and conformance to standards and specifications.
- Must adhere to all other company policies.
- Follow all instructions from your manager or designee.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by Manager and/or designee.
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.