Behavioral Health Services
Behavioral Health Services
Applicants for all positions must be or become fully vaccinated against Covid-19 if selected for hire. Valid medical or religious exemptions will be considered but serial Covid-19 testing will be required to maintain employment.
Provides care, supervision, and guidance to individuals as described in the treatment or care plan. May work with clients that have behavioral challenges, low social skills, poor socialization or isolation. Additionally, provides case coordination for young people and their families participating in the WISe program. Guides the work of assigned teams to achieve goals established for each family.
- Collects information and screens individuals to determine eligibility for the WISe program using state-mandated criteria.
- Performs specialized therapies and interventions within office, home and community settings, with supervisor input.
- Assists individuals in obtaining additional mental health services and other resources as needed.
- Helps identify needs for transportation and housing.
- Provides supportive counseling utilizing behavioral strategies when working with individuals and families.
- Manages and/or fulfills service plans for assigned individuals and families
- Establishes and maintains rapport with clients to encourage participation and retention in the program.
- Helps facilitate group sessions following treatment plan objectives.
- Directs and coordinates recreational activities as established in the Individual Service Plan.
- Provides educational and skills training to client.
- Assists individual and family in obtaining additional mental health services and other resources as needed. Documents all referrals made to other resources.
- Works with individual to transition and maintain a presence in a community setting.
- Documents activities, concerns, and behavior issues in program participant's record and completes all documentation as required by funder and outside organizations.
- Participates in various community meetings to collaborate with other community professionals in the treatment of the individual, with supervisory input, e.g., schools, courts, DSHS, correctional facilities, and other health care providers.
- Collaborates with other mental health professionals to coordinate care.
- Presents mental health findings in verbal or written format to appropriate professionals, with supervisory input.
- Prepares necessary reports and documentation for outside organizations; attends meetings and represents agency as requested by supervisor. Conveys treatment recommendations as needed.
- Collaborates with Washington State Department of Social and Health Services (DSHS) and the court system in presenting and coordinating the mental health needs of individuals, with supervisory input.
- Performs clinical responsibilities in alignment with The Joint Commission (TJC), Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA), and YVFWC requirements.
- Education: Bachelor's Degree in Social Work, Psychology, Counseling or related field.
- Experience: One year's experience working with families and children in a therapeutic or educational capacity.
- Professional Licenses/Certificates/Registration: Application for registration as an Agency Affiliated Counselor in the State of Washington must be submitted within one week of hire. Current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)/First Aid certification or obtained within 45 days of employment.
- Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Knowledge of Federal, State and County social services regulations and systems. Knowledge of State mental health and special education requirements. Knowledge of the psychological principals in learning and their application to treatment stages. Knowledge of advanced evaluative techniques of personality, academic behavior, and cognitive domains. Knowledge of cultural differences and impact on support provided to clients. Ability to utilize the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders V (DSM V). Ability to synthesize and formulate the assessment data into a comprehensive treatment summary. Ability to assess learning capabilities of individuals and family members. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision. Ability to exercise independent judgement and solid decision making. Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment. Conflict resolution skills and ability to diffuse stressful situations. Effective verbal, written, and listening communication skills. Basic proficiency with a variety of computer programs including Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel. English/ Spanish bilingual proficiency in written and verbal communication is preferred. Must demonstrate the ability to communicate at level 9 on the ALTA language proficiency scale to receive bilingual differential pay.
We serve more than 181,000 patients across 25 medical clinics, 14 dental clinics, 10 pharmacies, and 64 program sites in two states. We are Level 3 Certified as a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH). With integrated services including medical, dental, pharmacy, orthodontia, primary care nutritional counseling, autism screening, and primary care behavioral health, YVFWC's patient-centered model of care offers patients the full spectrum of care and shelter assistance, energy assistance, weatherization, HIV and AIDS counseling and testing, home visits, and four mobile medical/dental clinics.
Working at YVFWC
Working in our organization means being the passionate champion for those who have no voice. It means having the opportunity to work with underserved populations and with peers committed to the same work.
At Farm Workers Clinic
- We will consistently trust one another to work for the common good.
- We will foster integrity by demonstrating ethical behavior and insisting on doing what we say we will do.
- We will demonstrate transparency by being candid and truthful no matter the risk.
- We will create partnerships to strengthen ourselves and our community.
- We will fight for just treatment for all individuals.
- We will let joy in.
- We have the courage to be an agent of change and refuse anything short of excellence.
Our mission celebrates diversity. We are committed to equal opportunity employment.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/4ekOkYIYY4LzyHJVphVb1N