Human Resources Director
Yakima Chief Hops - Yakima, WA
306 Division St
Job Title: Human Resources Director
Department: Human Resources
Reports to: Chief People Officer
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business administration or relevant field; Master’s degree or Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) Certification preferred.
- Proven experience as a Human Resources Director.
- Full understanding of the way an organization operates to meet its objectives.
- Excellent knowledge of employment legislation and regulations.
- Thorough knowledge of human resource management principles and industry best practices.
- A business acumen partnered with attention to the human element.
- Knowledge of data analysis and reporting.
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
- Diligent and firm with high ethical standards.
- 5-10 years of general HR experience with at least 5 years in a leadership role.
- Proficient in MS Office applications and Smartsheet.
- Experience in developing and delivery of formal presentations.
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work with a vision of continuous improvement.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Knowledge of federal, state, local and international laws.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to deliver positive results.
- Demonstrated leadership and training skills.
The Human Resource Director is responsible to ensure human resources (HR) operations are carried out smoothly and effectively. Responsibilities include collaborating with the HR Team to develop HR strategies and providing sound advice to the Chief People Office on all related subjects and ensuring that HR needs of the company are being met and are aligned with company’s Strategic Goals. The HR Director must be experienced with deep knowledge of all matters concerning human resources and safety. The HR Director will be required to manage people and safety programs while also possessing a strong strategic mindset.
- Develop corporate plans for a variety of HR matters such as compensation, benefits, health and safety etc.
- Act to support the human factor in the company by devising strategies for performance evaluation, staffing, training and development etc.
- Oversee all HR initiatives, systems and tactics.
- Supervise the work of HR personnel and provide guidance.
- Serve as the point of contact for employment relations.
- Monitor adherence to internal policies and legal standards.
- Work through employee performance and/or safety violations invoking disciplinary action when required.
- Anticipate and resolve litigation risks.
- Report to Chief People Officer by analyzing data and using HR metrics.
- Management and continued development of employee evaluation system.
- Maintenance and dissemination of company employment policies.
- Oversee and implement company employment policies regarding:
- New hire recruitment, documentation, interviews, and onboarding.
- Coordinate professional development and training.
- Analyze comparative compensation for all positions, domestic and international.
- Maintain sanitary and safe work environment.
- Follow safety requirements.
- May be required to participate on company’s Safety Committee.
- Ensure that company safety policies as well as federal, state and local safety and environmental regulations are observed.
- Must have a complete understanding of company’s policies, SOPs, QPs, EPs, HACCP and cGMP that pertain to their department to ensure quality, safety, efficiency and sustainability.
- Must adhere to all company policies.
- Follow all SOPs in a given area.
- Provide administrative or business support, as needed.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by Manager and/or designee.
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.