Laboratory Data Support/Technician Featured
Yakima Chief Hops
555 West South Hill Road
Job Title: Laboratory Data Support/Technician
Reports to: Laboratory Supervisor
- BA/BS in Chemistry, Biology, or related field; or related experience with a strong background in data management.
- Must be able to learn ERP systems to perform data entry.
- Excellent mathematical, communication and computer skills, be strongly detail oriented and be able to easily multi-task.
- Should be able to independently initiate, prioritize, and perform or solve work problems and ultimately achieve work objectives and meet deadlines.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook etc.).
- Must be able to effectively communicate in written and verbal form with co-workers, supervisor, and management.
- Must be able to work independently and as a team member.
- Follow written (Standard Operating Procedures -SOP’s, company memos & emails) and verbal Instructions.
- Familiarity with plant and lab equipment operation and SOPs.
- Possess a strong work ethic to positively contribute to the company’s mission, vision, values and environmental policy and quality policy.
- Must have a positive attitude, support co-workers to obtain desired objectives, and assist others in their contributions.
- Ability to adapt to changing paces and processes quickly.
- Ability to wear appropriate personal protective equipment (in required areas) for extended periods of time.
- Handle hazardous chemicals and waste safely according to their MSDS’s and SOP’s.
- Attentive to the task and own surroundings.
Job Summary: The purpose of this position is to provide a focus on data support to the laboratory by optimizing, enhancing, and improving the data integration and data services that support our data-centric analytic applications in addition to analyzing the samples presented in the lab by the company or customers.
- Act as main support for maintaining and assisting with all data related processes.
- Import production and receipt data into X3. Move product to A/R/smartsheet.
- Assist supervisor in review of all harvest data at time of receipt for accuracy.
- Review daily production data for quality concerns.
- Collaborate with operations when new samples are needed due to quality concerns and work with supervisor to investigate any non-conforming issues.
- Assist with tracking MRL codes of products.
- Track external and internal customer samples and report results to customers.
- Assist supervisor with tracking advanced product QC data.
- Review process controls to ensure lab is within limits.Maintain current operations data processes.
- Analyze incoming samples as per protocol and SOPs.
- Sample preparation of leaf hops, cryo products, pellets, extract, and advanced products.
- Analysis of samples by UV, HPLC, titration, NIR.
- Steam distillation to determine oil content.
- Moisture analysis by air oven or distillation.
- Gas Chromatography analysis of hop oils.
- Operate the following equipment:
- Gas Chromatograph with FID – Agilent Technologies
- HPLC - Agilent Technologies
- UV Spectrometer – Perkin Elmer
- Titrator – Mettler Toledo
- NIR – Perkin Elmer
- pH Meter
- Laboratory team member
- Assist in maintaining cleanliness and appearance of lab.
- Follow safety requirements.
- Enter data in Excel, ERP, LIMS and other software and communicate results.
- Communicate both verbally and in writing effectively with customers and other YCH teams to share results and present ideas.
- Assist in maintaining all analysis equipment to ensure accuracy and dependability.
- Assist in the investigation and resolution of quality issues.
- Assist supervisor with tracking lab supplies.
- Assist in waste disposal and transportation to chemical shed.
- Maintain retain samples.
- Remain up to date with current and future technology that applies to the lab.
- Perform other duties within the company as required.
- Continuously look for ways to improve process efficiency and notify immediate supervisor of observations and recommendations.
- Handle food products safely.
- Maintain sanitary and safe work environment and follow safety requirements.
- May actively participate on company’s Safety Committee.
- Ensure that company safety policies as well as federal, state, and local safety and environmental regulations are observed.
- Must have a complete understanding of company’s policies, SOPs, QPs, EPs, HACCP and cGMP that pertain to their department to ensure quality, safety, efficiency, and sustainability.
- Must adhere to all company policies.
- Examine documents, materials, and products and monitor work processes to assess completeness, accuracy and conformance to standards and specifications.
- Follow all SOPs in a given area.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by Supervisor/Manager and/or designee.
To Apply, Go To: https://www.yakimachief.com/careers/
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.