Applicants for all positions must be or become fully vaccinated against Covid-19 if selected for hire. Valid medical or religious exemptions will be considered but serial Covid-19 testing will be required to maintain employment.
Provides a clean and safe environment for the public and staff on the grounds of the Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinics (YVFWC) year around. This is completed by maintaining and cleaning buildings, grounds and specified equipment. Performs and documents safety inspections on building systems.
- Ensures that assigned buildings and other designated areas are cleaned and maintained in accordance with established guidelines.
- Performs daily janitorial duties as required for items that need immediate attention such as replenishment of restroom supplies, trash removal, cleanup of spills. Additional janitorial duties may be assigned on a weekly, monthly, quarterly, bi-annual and annual schedule.
- Performs general maintenance including carpentry, plumbing, light electrical, light cement masonry in accordance with state/federal safety standards.
- Landscapes and maintains grounds and common areas, including lawns, flowerbeds, shrubbery, and parking areas. Provides maintenance dictated by weather conditions including removal of snow and ice from walkways.
- Disposes of medical waste, inclusive of hazardous, regulated, and/or infectious waste.
- Assists in various construction projects.
- May provide support in the Procurement, Materials & Management warehouse including inventory control, equipment staging, receiving, deliveries, and equipment set-up. Procurement duties may also include cleaning and organizing warehouse spaces and proper disposition of broken or un-repairable equipment.
- Manages security system user access and system tests as directed by the Clinic Administrator.
- Manages the maintenance provided by vendors of onsite vehicles according to manufacturer s specs and recommendations including monthly safety inspections and outsourced annual safety inspections.
- Manages and documents all safety inspections according to Corporate Standards. Completes and documents tasks on safety matrix.
- Education: High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED).
- Experience: One year experience in building maintenance.
- Professional Licenses/Certificates/Registration: First Aid certification within 90 days of employment. Valid Driver s License and proof of automobile liability insurance coverage.
- Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Effective verbal and listening communication skills. Skills in logical reasoning, problem-solving, and sound judgement. Ability to work independently and handle multiple projects a variety of tasks simultaneously, with the potential for frequent interruptions. Ability to effectively interact with a variety of employees in a professional manner. Basic proficiency with a variety of computer programs including Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel. Knowledge of the correct and safe usage of assorted cleaning chemicals used in janitorial duties. Ability to use maintenance trade equipment and tools. Possesses carpentry, electrical, plumbing, landscaping and heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) skills to perform general maintenance. Knowledge of and ability to perform General Maintenance within the regulations of Federal/State/Local building codes. Ability to read and understand construction documents such as As-Build drawings and O&M manuals.
We serve more than 181,000 patients across 25 medical clinics, 14 dental clinics, 10 pharmacies, and 64 program sites in two states. We are Level 3 Certified as a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH). With integrated services including medical, dental, pharmacy, orthodontia, primary care nutritional counseling, autism screening, and primary care behavioral health, YVFWC s patient-centered model of care offers patients the full spectrum of care and shelter assistance, energy assistance, weatherization, HIV and AIDS counseling and testing, home visits, and four mobile medical/dental clinics. Working at YVFWC
Working in our organization means being the passionate champion for those who have no voice. It means having the opportunity to work with underserved populations and with peers committed to the same work. At Farm Workers Clinic
Our mission celebrates diversity. We are committed to equal opportunity employment.
- We will consistently trust one another to work for the common good.
- We will foster integrity by demonstrating ethical behavior and insisting on doing what we say we will do.
- We will demonstrate transparency by being candid and truthful no matter the risk.
- We will create partnerships to strengthen ourselves and our community.
- We will fight for just treatment for all individuals.
- We will let joy in.
- We have the courage to be an agent of change and refuse anything short of excellence.